What is Stair Nosing and why does your Cinema need it?
In this article, we are going to find out basic safety measures that every legitimate cinema owners and managers should know. So, first off, what is stair nosing and why does your cinema need it?
Stair nosing is an important consideration when designing and operating a modern cinema. Essentially, stair nosing is a finishing piece applied to the forward edge of stairs, step-downs, and landings, creating a rounded quality finish. Not only does stair nosing look good, but it’s also vital from a safety perspective.
The right stair nosing for your cinema can have a positive effect on the whole customer environment by enhancing the look and feel of the cinema hall. In addition, the appropriate stair nosing will ensure that you follow relevant cinema safety laws and guidelines. Also, failure to comply with local safety standard could come at a substantial penalty later.
While there are many options to choose from with respect to stair nosing, you should understand the total cost of stair nosing, over its entire life. This may well mean not choosing the lowest priced option. Instead, the best thing to do is know your options and choose the right stair nosing from the beginning.
In a dark environment like a cinema, lighted stair nosing is essential. First and foremost, it means that you will conform to the law and protect the safety of your customers.
You can also customize the look and feel of your cinema by choosing from the different lighting options available. A simple example is choosing dimmable lights so that you can control their brightness, making them brighter when the house lights are up and then dim when the movie is actually playing. Your options do not end here though. Here are some of the choices that you could make when choosing the right stair nosing for your cinema:
- Multi-coloured lighting so that you change the lighting effect around a single cinema
- Lighting patterns within the stair nosing itself can be customized to suit the specific setting
- LED lighting that is much more energy efficient than incandescent as well as cool burning, saving money on your lighting and climate control bills
- Integration between the stair nosing and the seat numbering lighting
- Variable dimmers to control intensity depending on the situation
- Battery backup systems that will guarantee to light of stairs even if the power is out