Specialty Cinema is a leading supplier of cinema masking systems, which are designed and manufactured to our clients’ precise specifications.
Side masking systems are used to partially cover either or both sides of the cinema screen, and can be either fixed or adjustable. Specialty Cinema can provide both, regardless of the size and shape required. We also deliver and install, so from design to the completed project, there’s only one name you need to remember.
Our systems for cinema masking are in use by many of the leading exhibitors all around the world including Hoyts, Village Cinemas, and Vox.
Fixed side maskings are permanently mounted, and used to cover the required amount of screen, based on the projection methods of the cinema. In most cases, fixed side systems are used in conjunction with adjustable bottom and top masking systems.
Adjustable top masking systems can be opened or closed to whatever levels necessary, depending on the aspect ratio required for the projected image. Our team of technical experts will be happy to advise on what’s best for your cinema, so contact Specialty Cinema today, to see how we can help.
Side Masking System Description:
- Open weave (acoustically transparent) black woollen curtain
- Heavy duty accessories and ties
- Stainless steel cable reticulation
- Glass reinforced curtain runners
- Tails made to measure to suit all picture sizes
- 230mm wide velveteen (light absorbing) upholstered leading edge
- 3-phase or single phase motor with computerised control system
- Available in 2-stop (scope and widescreen), 3-stop (scope, widescreen and 16mm) and multi-stop for special applications
- Mini-single phase motor available to attach to flyable track/masking